Chemistry.com is having a free communication this weekend (Dec 2-4)! Free sounds exciting, but singles complain all the time that they can't get enough accomplished in the three days. To help solve your dating woes, the eFlirt Expert brings you the guide to optimizing your free trial! Below are the top ten things you need to know.
1. Act Quickly. Sign up as soon as the offer starts. Take the personality tests, complete your profile and upload your photo right away. You only get a select number of matches each day, so the sooner you complete your account, the sooner you can start eFlirting. Reviewing your matches each day will assure you get the maximum amount of connections during your complimentary trial.
2. Don't Skimp. Fill out your profile completely — including photos — and put some thought into it. If you skimp on information, your matches won't be as responsive and your time on the site won't be as productive.
3. Say Yes to Maybes. Go through your matches and start communicating. If you think "maybe," say yes. You never know who might surprise you! Maximizing the time you have means broadening your horizons.
4. Be Available. The secret is, a lot of new members will be taking advantage of this free weekend, so you can expect quicker response times. Choose the fast track so you can create the strongest bond possible before the trial ends.
5. Download the App. If you're going to be out and about, download the app so you can stay connected and get offline with your matches sooner.
6. Give Contact Info. If your trial is coming to a close and you don't think the site is for you, give your contact info to all of your matches so you don't lose touch. Set up a separate Gmail account so your full name remains secure.
7. Don't Feel Pressured. If you're not intrigued by a particular match, you don't have to go out with him or her. Just because you went through several steps of communication, doesn't mean you should feel pressured. Trust your instincts.
8. Meet Sooner. You don't have to exchange a million emails before you meet — just be sure to meet in a public place and plan something non-committal like coffee or a drink.
9. Join! If you liked the experience, you should really join the site. You can continue to communicate uninterrupted and will get a steady stream of new matches.
10. Don't Get Discouraged. If your weekend wasn't as successful as you had hoped, that doesn't mean that online dating isn't for you. Nine times out of ten, it just means that you were on the wrong site! A dating site is only as good as your matches on it. Most major paid sites offer trials and if you follow this blog, you'll be in the know. In fact, Match.com offers three free days anytime!
Did we miss anything? Let us know in a comment!