Whether the founder of a mobile app or a next gen visionary, eFlirt Expert’s Sexy Techies are the kind of people whose business stories you've heard 100 times … and whose VC announcement was just all over Mashable. But until now, their personal lives have stayed behind closed screens. I’ll be revealing their never-been-told dating details to curious singles, one interview at a time. We’re bringing sexy back — techie-style.
The Binary Code
1. Cheek’d is online dating reversed — you give someone a card in real life and they can connect with you online to set up a date. You’re notorious for Cheek’ing celebs. What’s your best Cheektale? I spotted Stephen Baldwin working from his laptop at the Soho House. He excused himself from his seat for a few minutes and I walked over and dropped the Cheek’d card that reads, “only one way to find out.” on his keyboard. I instantly received a message advising me that he’d viewed my profile (based on the code from the card). The next thing I knew, he was hovering over me (he’d apparently recognized me from my profile photo) and said, “so, you’re the one that gave me this card?!” I smiled and he introduced himself as Steve. I was like, “I know,” then told him he had to go back to his laptop and send me a message on the site.
2. Android vs. iPhone, what’s in your pocket? iPhone clad with Tumi’s John “Crash” Matos Graffiti Case.
3. What are the top 5 go-to apps for your social life? Instagram, Words with Friends (obsessed with word games), FourSquare, Happy Hour Finder and Tilt Shift Focus.
4. What does a Silicon Alley guy need to do to get your attention? Charm, mixed with a sense of humor, wins me over every time.
5. What’s the biggest flirting #fail you’ve experienced on the interwebs? I’d have to say being the Founder (and user) of my own dating service … I’ve given many Cheek’d cards away to intriguing strangers that were inquisitive enough to poke around on my site to discover that it’s my venture, at which point they don’t take my Cheek’ng seriously!