By Kevin Murray, Suave Scribe
It’s that time again — the start of another year when you make promises to yourself, fully knowing you won’t keep most of them. But keep in mind that the New Year encourages mental rest and allows the self-analysis process to take place, both positive things to do when another round of 12 months begin. Turn the page on the old and look forward to a new. Bachelors, let’s take a look at some goals you should make heading into 2013.
1. Get a gym membership. Guys, if you’re going to get the most out of your single life you need to be fit for the bedroom. No way can you back up all the smack talking and bachelor swag if you’re out of breath one minute into the deed. I’m not talking about getting a $99 Planet Fitness membership only to tap out three weeks later like most of society does. You need real commitment. Focus on cardio and your core if you want her to rave all about you to her friends.
2. Squeeze every ounce out of single life while you can. Singledom can end pretty abruptly. Look at some of your friends. You never know when the next girl you date will end up as the last person you’re with for the rest of your life. Not that this is a bad thing. You never want to look back and say to yourself, “I wish I did this” or “I should’ve tried that.” Let’s face it: when you’re in a serious relationship you have to think for two people — no more reckless abandon. Get everything out of your system while you can.
4. Post less-douchey photos on your profile. Ladies don’t care about your personal objects (at least, not the ones worth having around). Despite the fact that you think your new truck is making your male ego explode, she doesn’t care — really. While we’re at it, let’s eliminate the ab pics in your bathroom. This year will be a lot more successful to your online dating life if you say sayonara to these epic fails.
4. Listen (seriously!) to what she’s saying. Too many guys go on dates not really hearing what the woman they’re courting has to say. How ‘bout in 2013 you focus less on what the score of the game is from the corner TV and more on what your date is talking about. You might learn something about what women actually want sans any weird voodoo that happened to Mel Gibson’s character in that 2000 rom-com. Attention to detail in any relationship can pay (big) dividends down the road.
5. Don’t let the economy bring you down. There’s no doubt the financial shape of our country is affecting us all. When money is tight it’s easy to stress out, especially when so many males build their egos off moolah and stature. In 2013, try to find a free (or cheaper alternative) escape from reality, whether it’s getting yourself wrapped up in a sporting event or taking on a new hobby. Dwelling on monetary hardships can make the most positive individual miserable. Find things in life that make you happy, and do them often!
Bachelors, let us know your New Year’s resolutions for 2013!