The color of the leaves isn't the only thing that can change this Fall! Chemistry is having a free communication weekend, starting Friday, October 31 until Sunday, November 3, giving you the opportunity to find something a little less spooky and more sweet this Halloween.
"Free" sounds exciting, but three days is a short amount of time on a dating site. Here is a guide to help optimize your free trial, so you can meet your One ... or decide if Chemistry is worth the long-term committing:
1. Act quickly. Sign up as soon as the offer starts. Take the personality tests, complete your profile and upload your photo right away. You only get a select number of matches each day, so the sooner you complete your account, the sooner you can start eFlirting.
2. Don't skimp. Fill out your profile completely — including photos — and put some thought into it. If you skimp on information, your matches won't be as responsive and your time won't be as productive.
3. Review matches every day. You get the most matches when you review them each day. And of course, this will help speed up communication so you're more likely to get offline by the end of the free trial. Download the app so you can stay connected throughout the weekend. The sooner you respond, the sooner your match will have the chance to as well!
4. Be available. A lot of new members will be taking advantage of this free weekend, so expect quicker response times. Choose the fast track with slow pokes so you can create the strongest bond possible before the trial ends.
5. Say yes to maybes. Go through your matches and start communicating. If you think someone's a "maybe," go for it. You never know who might surprise you! Maximizing the time you have and broaden your horizons.
6. Don't feel pressured. If you're not intrigued by a particular match, don't think that you have to go out with him or her. Just because you went through several steps of communication doesn't mean you should feel pressured. Trust your instincts.
7. Meet sooner. You don't have to exchange a million emails before you meet. Just be sure to meet in a public place and plan something non-committal, like coffee or a drink.
8. Give contact info. If your trial is coming to a close and you don't think the site is for you, give your contact info to all of your matches so you don't lose touch. Set up a separate Gmail account so your full name remains secure.
9. Join! If you liked the experience, join the site. You can continue to communicate uninterrupted and will get a steady stream of new matches.
10. Don't get discouraged. If your weekend wasn't as successful as you had hoped, that doesn't mean that online dating isn't for you. Nine times out of 10, it just means that you were on the wrong site! A dating site is only as good as your matches on it. Most major paid sites offer trials, and if you follow this blog you'll be in the know. In fact, Match.com offers three free days anytime!
Here's to finding that new special someone to cozy up with thanks to free communication weekends. Happy eFlirting!