Our Top 5 Celebrity Couples of 2012
By Paola Hernandez, Copy Cutie
Let’s admit it: we love our fair share of celebrity gossip, especially when it comes to our favorites being in love. This year we saw new super pairings emerge, some of which came out of left field. To toast off to an amazing year and surviving the supposed apocalypse, here’s a rundown of the five celebrity couples we couldn’t get enough of in 2012.
1. Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds. This ridiculously gorgeous couple met on the set of their film The Green Lantern last year and dated off the bat. Reynolds has a hot streak when comes to attracting Hollywood’s most desirable women (rememebr Scarlett Johansson?). Lively married Reynolds in a private ceremony this September, which generated much buzz for wedding photos to be released. We bet we’ll hear more about this couple if their staying power lasts through 2013!
2. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. When did you not hear about the two of them this year? These two are all about expressing their feelings via the Twitterverse and making many appearances together. Kanye even released a song about his boo, titled ‘Cold.’ Maybe West will be the one this Kardashian sister will settle down with — for good. Only time will tell with this gossip mag-gracing couple.
3. Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart. You can say that Lopez is in love with love just by looking at her track record. Fresh out of a divorce from salsa king Marc Anthony, she’s become head over heels with her backup dancer, Casper Smart. Talk about déjà vu — she married former backup dancer Cris Judd in 2001. But give her some credit; it must be difficult being one of the sexiest women in the world, but even goddesses like J.Lo need loving too. Looks like this Latin bombshell and her young lover have a spicy 2013 to look forward to.
4. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel. When this dynamic duo tied the knot in October, hearts broke all around the world — of guys and gals alike. Who can blame them, when Timberlake and Biel are both pretty easy on the eyes? After taking a short split in 2011, JT won his honey’s heart back by proposing to her in the mountains of Wyoming. Romantic much? And will there be a baby in the near future? Either way, one thing is certain; it’ll be one gorgeous kid.
5. Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux. All Aniston wanted was to find her prince charming and have a kid along way. But when you were once married to Brad Pitt, those shoes can be hard to fill, and Hollywood studs like John Mayer and Vince Vaughn just couldn’t make the cut. Cut to Justin Theroux, entering stage right. When they announced their engagement in May, the “Friends” stars could finally put those baby rumors to rest. She’s only been rumored to be pregnant 384 times by tabloids galore!
What does 2013 have in store for our favorite couples? Babies, weddings, (possible breakups), oh my! But one thing’s for sure — 2012 was the year for love in tinsel town.
Which couple tops your list? Share with us below!