Top 5 Things to Do On A Labor Day in Love
By Paola Hernandez, Copy Cutie
Summer is slowly winding down and cooler temps are on their way. Labor Day Weekend is often thought of as the unofficial end to summer, filled with parties and BBQs galore. Since most people have the holiday to relax before September comes into full swing, make it a three-day weekend to spend with your boo. After all, the two of you had the whole summer to bask in the sun, eating al fresco and strolling at the park. Here’s a list of activities you and your honey can do to end your summer lovin’ on a positive note!
1. Hit the sand. With most beaches officially closing after this weekend, steal some rays before the last day. Beaches with a lively boardwalk will most likely have music blasting to give off that party vibe. Pack a cooler filled with your favorite drinks and snacks and go for a swim. This could be the last time in a while where you can see your sweetie in beach gear, so take advantage!
2. Dance the night way. You probably won’t be left sans invite to an LDW party, and many are themed with the color white because it’s a fashion faux pas to wear it after summer’s long and gone. Pick each other’s outfit for the night’s festivities and party away. Haven’t introduced your new squeeze yet? Make this the perfect opportunity to bring your social circles together.
3. Take me out to the ball game. Plan a trip to watch a sports game together. Football season officially starts September 5, but there will be preseason games all weekend long. Baseball’s getting even more intense, and the US Open will be on every television set. Can’t get to an actual game? Watch one at your neighborhood pub. If you two are athletic, hit up your nearest park and swing a racket or play catch. Staying active together will create fun memories and bring the two of you closer.
4. Head to the street … fair. Check out a festival during the holiday weekend. The best thing about fairs is that you can score great items, eat greasy food and learn about each other’s interests as you’re walking down the route. Who doesn’t like rummaging through some cheap (and possibly vintage) finds while chomping on fried Oreos?
5. Swoon under the stars. Fancy a night under the stars, enjoying what’s left of the summer breeze? See if there are any outdoor concerts in your area. Many large parks have summer concert series that end during the final weekend of summer. Nothing’s more romantic than packing a picnic basket, a blanket and enjoying some amazing music. The temperature might be cooler but that’s a good excuse to cuddle next to your hun. Make this night a memorable one and let the tunes be the soundtrack to your love-filled evening.
While it might hard to say goodbye to summer, make the most of your last weekend together. And remember: fall is still a great season for romance!
How are you spending Labor Day Weekend with your significant other? Share in a comment below!