5 Movie Moments That Should Happen in Real Life
By Paola Hernandez, Copy Cutie
When it comes to movies, rom-coms bring the best of both worlds: you get the humor of a comedy, but the happily-ever-after from a romance. Though these films have scenes that seem too good to be true, there are some cliché moments that would be awesome — or just awesomely bad — if they were to take place in real life. From Sleepless in Seattle to any Nicholas Sparks flick (like the upcoming Safe Haven, out on the 14th), there’s sure to be something that would sweep even the most jaded person off his or her feet. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, here are five movie moments that should happen to everyone.
1. The Sound of Music. Breaking out in song in the middle of any activity sounds simultaneously insane and hilarious. Movies like 10 Things I Hate About You and 500 Days of Summer have included memorable musical scenes. Who wouldn’t fall for Heath Ledger’s character after he hired his high school’s marching band to play Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You? And we’ve seen flash mobs steal the spotlight in recent years, thanks in part to Justin Timberlake’s character in Friends with Benefits.
2. Run Like the Wind. The love of your life is leaving forever on that last train/flight and you have to get to him or her and share your feelings, before it’s too late. At the last possible second, you make it in time and the two of you kiss, ending in perfect bliss. Though realistically, it might not work (i.e. clumsiness, an early departure), this sounds like ideal way to show someone you care.
3. Soak Up the Love. Nothing seems more romantic than a hardcore make-out sesh in the pouring rain — these scenes are usually the most intense. The downside? You might catch something from being outside in the pouring rain, especially during the colder winter weather. No one likes being sick (or being around a sick person!) so bring it inside. Plus, there’s so much more you can do indoors ;)
4. Right Under Your Nose. Wouldn’t it be great to wake up and realize the love of your life has been around all along? The tale of best friends realizing their love for each other has been a repeatedly used plotline. So if you’re feeling something brewing between you and your longtime pal, see what happens — it wouldn’t be the first time a duo went from BFFs to BF/GF.
5. Like What You See. Everyone’s transfixed by the idea of love at first sight, with the chase to find romance beginning instantaneously. And despite the hoopla, meeting someone and instantly knowing that he or she is The One might not be as crazy as you think. Sure, there probably won’t be mood music playing in the background, but you just might feel like the earth stopped moving.
Taking scenes from the screen to IRL can create memories that last for years. Take a chance and make your move!
Which movie moment is your favorite? Share in a comment below.