7 Dating Ideas to Please Your Man
By Kevin Murray, Suave Scribe
Pleasing a man isn’t always pretty. Guys can be gross, pigheaded, and simple-minded. To truly make a dude happy, you must think like he does — which is where the not-so-pretty part comes in. Gals, you might have to get dirty (and possibly out of your comfort zone) to come up with a date that’ll put a huge smile on his face. But don’t be scared — it can be fun getting a little dirty now and then. Here are a few ideas to get started.
1. Sporting events. No-brainer here. The quickest way to a man’s heart is to show him that you’re willing to not only tolerate sports, but have fun, too! Do a little research and find a game to attend. It’s probably a good idea to pick a game not on a work night — crushing beers and watching sports go hand in hand.
2. Camping. There’s something great about being completely removed from everyday life. One of the best ways to do that is to leave everything at home! If you really want to be alone and experience freedom, turn your cell phones off for the entire trip. Sitting around a campfire together under the stars can be both manly and romantic at the same time. Don’t forget supplies to make s’mores!
3. Where’s the beef? Most men are simple eaters. It harkens back to our days as bachelors. Just give us a plate of meat with no side dishes and we’re good to go. Setting up a guy’s dinner with barbeque-type food will always make him happy. And if you know how to use a grill, he might just get down on one knee after the meal (if he hasn’t already).
4. Competition dates. Men love competition — they thrive on it. Any date where you can playfully put wagers on something is fun for both of you. For example: mini golf on its own is, well, mini golf. But add in the stipulation that the loser has to sexually please the winner in the parking lot (OK, at home) after, and this game just turned into the PGA Tour. How much pressure would there be on the final hole knowing what could be in store if you sink the winning putt? Fore!
5. A tailgate. It’s fun for guys to act like drunken idiots in a parking lot. You can tailgate at concerts, sporting events, or if you’re “one of those people” you can tailgate before going into any venue that has a large parking lot. All you need are two chairs, food, and drinks. If I can make one tailgating suggestion, try to attend at least five Jimmy Buffett concerts in your life — truly one of the coolest outdoor parties you’ll ever attend, both for guys and gals.
6. Comedy show. Most men don’t like to talk all night. I’m sure your guy loves you, but going to a comedy show means he can just sit there and be entertained without ever having to say a word. It’s the simple things!
7. Sex toy shopping. And if you’ve been dating for a while, it’s no surprise if your sex life hits a rut — it’s only natural. One way to get out of it is to mix things up. Take him on a surprise trip and watch his eyes light up when he finds out where you’ve brought him. Toy shopping gives you the opportunity to explore new fantasies together. Guys are thinking about sex all day, so feeding that mental beast is always a plus.
Let’s face it: men are simple creatures. Ask any man what he thinks about the most during the day and the top three answers will be food, sports, and sex. Trust me: you don’t have to go overboard to make us happy.
Good luck ladies, and let us know what makes your man happy so we can add it to our list!