5 Tips for Memorial Day Dating
By Dee Rene, Copy Cutie
And just like that it’s time for summer! Memorial Day Weekend is here and it’s a great time to get back out there and spark a summer romance. Maybe you’re in a long-term relationship or still testing the waters. Either way, use the dating tips below to make the most of Memorial Day weekend:
1. Enjoy the Weather. Hopefully this Memorial Day is full of sunshine for you. If so, take advantage of great weather and go out to a free concert in the park, a picnic or even climb a nature trail. (Take a look at these great date ideas for spring/summer to get you started.)
2. Group Dates Galore. A holiday weekend is a great time for low-pressure group dates. You all can attend a backyard BBQ or maybe get a group together for putt-putt golf. In theory, more of your friends may be around and available to get together. This gives you an opportunity to vet your new romance and see how well he or she blends with your circle of friends.
3. Balance. A long weekend will put many demands on your time and attention. Do you attend the graduation dinner or the baby shower? Do you skip movies with friends for a romantic movie date instead? Find some balance this weekend so that you are able to enjoy friends and romance without hurting anyone’s feelings!
4. Travel. Nothing teaches you more about a person than traveling with them – especially if something goes wrong. Watch how your partner handles stress or a new environment. Pack up and head out of town for the weekend even if you aren’t in a relationship. New environments mean new opportunities for love.
5. Take a Risk. If you are still casually dating, take a risk this weekend! Go on the blind date that your friend has suggested for the past few months. Look up speed dating. Finally ride the big roller coaster at the park. Do something this weekend you’ve never done before. You never know who you’ll meet!
Do you have any tips,or advice for dating over the long holiday weekend? Comment below!