5 Summertime Cocktails For the Perfect Date Night
By Dee Rene, Copy Cutie
What’s summer without a great cocktail? (Well, it’s still summer, just not as fun.) These drinks below are sure to spice up any date night. So whether you need a new go-to while at your favorite local spot or having a date over for nightcap, introduce your taste buds to foreign flavors.
- 2 oz Gosling's® Black Seal rum
- 8 oz ginger beer
- Pour rum over ice, add ginger ale, lime juice and stir
More than just a cool name, the dark and stormy is the perfect summer cocktail. Ginger beer is incredibly refreshing, which makes this a perfect late night summer drink. Even if you aren’t a beer lover you just might like this cocktail!
- 2 medium sized, ripe peaches, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 1 ounce vodka of choice
- Puree the peaches and lemonade in a blender until smooth
- Pour vodka over ice in a rocks glass and top off with peach-lemonade puree
For breakfast dates, why not trade in the typical mimosa or bloody Mary for something cooler —literally! The peach lemonade cooler is a great frozen cocktail. You can use vodka or a your favorite champagne!
- (750-milliliter) bottle of white wine
- 1 cup peach schnapps
- 1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Nectarines, sliced
- 1 cup green or red grapes, whole or sliced
- Preparation: Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher; cover and chill at least two hours or overnight; stir before serving
Summer and sangria are synonymous — just like a good strappy sandal. You can make a pitcher of sangria at home and let it chill overnight. This is the prefect ice-cold beverage for group game nights or BBQ dates.
- 2 parts Malibu® Coconut Rum
- 2 parts pineapple Juice
- 1 part Hiram Walker® Blue Curacao
- Shake with ice and strain into a martini glass; garnish with a pineapple slice
Bring the beach to your dates with this festive Blue Hawaiian! This drink can be served in a regular glass martini glass or as a small shot. These are prefect for lounging around on a dock, backyard patio, or even on your favorite beach with your hunny!
- 1 1/2 oz. Sauza Hornitos tequila
- Spicy tequila (to taste)
- 1 oz. Grand Marnier
- 1 1/4 oz. sweet and sour mix
- Lime powder
- Serrano pepper
- Begin by adding ice into a pint glass, then pour in an ounce and a half of Sauza Hornitos tequila;add a splash of spicy tequila and an ounce of Grand Marnier, the sweet and sour mix, then shake; rim the glass with the paprika, salt, and lime powder and garnish with a slice of Serrano pepper.
This is a twist on the traditional margarita and is sure to spice up any romantic night. It’s classic drink with a different take. Try this out with your date and see if sparks fly!