Most Popular Online Dating Day Of The Year
By: Laurie Davis, Founder
The Sunday after New Year's -- today! -- is the highest traffic day for online dating of the year. On Plenty of Fish, the peak of eFlirting happens at 5pm while on Match.com, 8pm is the ideal time, though this is a trend across the board. With lots of eDaters searching for their love at first click, comes lots of competition too. This morning, I went live on FOX & Friends to give tips for taking best advantage of this busy day of dating.
My top five tips:
1. Search for people who are "online now." This will show you others who are active at the time. Messaging people who are online at the moment can mean quicker interactions and getting offline sooner -- which is the whole point of online dating! After about six exchanges total, you should be meeting up.
2. Upload a new photo. Photos are so important on dating sites but you definitely want to do this during peak traffic times because it's the easiest way to optimize your profile and ensure you're showing up highest in your match's search results.
3. Curb competition. Remember that when you're dating on the highest traffic day of the year, it means there is more activity in your match's inboxes. It's more competitive. So search and message matches on your own too -- and make sure you connect with them over something meaningful, ideally a commonality. "Hi, if you like my profile email me back," isn't going to cut it.
4. Make it easy for people to message you. This means being specific in your profile. For example, rather than saying you're "adventurous" tell a little story about something adventurous you did. Are you a marathoner or do you prefer to travel? Tell a quick story about a recent adventure to make your personality and lifestyle tangible. Specifics make it easy for someone to connect with you ... and message you.
5. Don't be afraid to follow up. People's inboxes are busy high traffic periods. If you don't hear back from someone you really liked, wait about 10 days and say hello again. This may seem aggressive to some, but our clients get incredible results by doing this. For one client, four out of five guys wrote her back! So this tip even still applies to ladies -- it's not aggressive, it's proactive.
Want more advice? Check out our personalized services for new and veteran online daters.